Skip to content


Your cart is empty

Meet Libby, Personal Stylist


How long have you been at Carriage House?

I first came to Carriage House in 2017, right around the time Kate and Nicole became the new owners. I stepped away to work on my own personal styling business for several years, but when they had an opening again in early 2023, I jumped at the chance to return. I am thrilled to be back at this amazing store! 


How do you help your clients build their wardrobe? 

I enjoy helping clients find new and exciting pieces to strategically add to their wardrobes. I always direct my clients to consider Price Per Wear when it comes to buying quality pieces. When you buy pieces you love and are excited to wear, it’s always worth it. 


What is your specialty? 

It’s important that my clients feel comfortable and authentic to their own personal style when it comes to buying clothes. We all have different tastes and preferences, and I enjoy helping my clients uncover their unique sense of fashion. While I do encourage my clients to step out of their comfort zones at times, I never want to push them in a direction that doesn’t feel right to them. 


Advice to anyone starting to build a wardrobe

When starting to build a wardrobe, I like to suggest an 80/20 rule of thumb. It works well when 80% of our wardrobes are versatile, quality basics that make up the foundation (such as denim, trousers, great blouses, outerwear, etc). The remaining 20% of a wardrobe should be the unique, fun pieces that really keep things interesting and exciting (a gorgeous scarf or exciting print, a trend forward piece). This seems to be the ratio that keeps our wardrobes both functional and fun! 


What’s the most important essential piece to have in your wardrobe? 

A quality pair of denim that fit perfectly is a must-have for everyone. 


Any style icons that inspire you? 

I’m a huge fan of Olivia Palermo’s style. She truly knows how to keep her looks interesting and effortless at the same time. She seems to have fun in her clothes, and that’s what it’s all about! I also love how she mixes high and low pieces together to achieve truly unique looks and remind us that great style is attainable for all of us. 


•  •  •  •

To book a personal styling session with Libby, call 256.355.4349 or email her directly at

Now accepting in-store and virtual appointments.